Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yesterday's lesson on Cindy Sherman

I thought yesterday's lesson was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed learning about Cindy Sherman and having a review of photography angles. I also liked how they included genres into the lesson, but what I found interesting was how they tied in artmakin with the construction paper and the making of props into a photography based lesson. I am not really a fan of photography probably due to the fact that I'm not very good at it so at first I wasn't really too excited about using a camera. However, when it was brought to my attention that we could hands on make something I jumped out of my seat to get my hands on some paper, scissors, and glue. I had a lot of fun with it. I chose comedy as my genre, did a straight profile angle , and made glasses, a nose, and a mustache as my prop. I also really enjoyed the teacher samples because I thought they had a lot of personality and added some fun to the lesson.

I noticed some people aroune me got done early though if they chose to not make a prop, so I would suggest making it a requirement for the lesson. In terms of the finishing early, I think it is a could lesson to always have something to do after if the students finish early. I also agree with what was said in class about how there should have been more materials, especially tape because I could have used it. I feel like having more materials could enhance the artmaking process, but having too many can be overwhelming. I do feel that they were lacking in the amount of materials though.

No comments:

Post a Comment