Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Repetitious Compulsions

Last class 2 students performed their lesson based on the idea of insanity. I was very intrigued by the artists they chose for their powerpoint, especially Judith Scott. I was also able to particularly connect this artist to an autism lecture I sat in on a couple weeks ago in Professor Wexler's class. A speaker came in and talked to us about artists who are on the autism/ aspergers spectrum. I am really interested in this topic because I want to eventually work towards getting certification to work with students who have these types of disabilities. I find it extremely fascinating and am planning to pursue a career in this. Anyway, I was a bit distracted with the packet during the powerpoint presentation. I was trying to fill in the blanks and write down notes on all the information being given, but by doing this I was jumping back and forth from trying to watch the presentation and writing down things. It was a bit much. However, I loved the actual activity. I was so into what I was doing and working with new materials. I found it also very interesting seeing what other people were doing around me and what materials they were using. Overall, I was extremely motivated to work and had a lot of fun with what I was doing, while also learning different ways of working with the materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment