Wednesday, December 12, 2012

joe and davids lesson

I really thought this lesson was very interesting. I feel the directions and guidelines were a little confusing as well as steps to do in order. When they were explaining things in the demo I thought that they needed to use more invitational language and use less complex words. Some vocab words that were used I didn't even understand so therefor I immediately was lost. However, one thing I really liked about the lesson was how they were able to connect art and reality. For example, they used mugshots and criminal description. They talked about how sketch artists listen to and draw descriptions of criminals in order to come up with a picture to help find them. I thought that this was really awesome because a lot of people have the attitude that art isn't important or it's just a class they have to take in order to pass. But actually art is important and here is one major reason why. We are able to catch criminals or missing persons through art.

The actual lesson and assignment of pairing up with a partner and drawing their memorywas challenging. First it was hard to think of a memory because it is such a vague task. We have so many memories, which one do we choose? Second, I found the work sheet to be a hassle, distracting, and complicated it even more. I was trying to describe my memory while also drawing things which got very confusing. The packet was a really well made packet, but I think it should have consisted of questions we could ask our partner about their memory like "Where were you, who were you with?" etc. And many of the vocab words were way too complex and some even irrelevant to the assignment. It would have also been helpful to sketch out our memories first before we described them, and used pencil. However, I really thought it was a good idea but needs to be more developed an worked out in order to have the effect and success it could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment