Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Art of Play

Last class, we wrapped up presentations on our Art Education Game. I really want to say that I found it to be extremely challenging, but very helpful in the construction of how we can create lesson plans. The assignment itself was very difficult- having to incorporate all of the guidelines and bullet points. It was somewhat intimidating when reading the assignment, but once we as a group started to take things one by one we began to break it down, strategize, and tackle the assignment at hand. Our group came up with modifying the game of MASH in order to build a lesson plan. I feel that I would actually use this game of chance when I am aiming to construct a lesson to teach and I think that the elements and "answers" I can get from playing the game could really make an interesting lesson. It was also a lot of fun and very helpful to see what other groups came up with. It's fascinating to see how everyone executed the assignment very differently, but all were successful in creating a fun, quick, and engaging way to come up with a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment